Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Schools New Approach to Discipline
By: Jeremy p. Meyer

The Denver public schools have the highest rate of drop out of any Colorado school district. Officials believe that this could be caused by the amount of suspensions. This makes since to me because if I was suspended enough times I might just think that since I am always out of school because they do not want me there so why should I show up. Also if a kid gets suspended they might not even get in to too much trouble with his parents, and it might just be an easy way to get out of school. So I think that the new discipline system will work because they could have those courses at the school and those kids would not be getting out of school and it could change their perspective on why they want to stay in or drop out of school. If the classes go accordingly then they will make the smart choice and stay in school. Life will be mush better if the kids decide to stay in school. It will keep them occupied and they will not be able to do as much vandalism so I definitely agree with this new punishment system.

No comments: